Excelling in client communication is the key to delivering a graphic design that exceeds clients expectations, positioning you as a leader in the field of Apparel design, and hits the target market smack bang on the head.
It takes little time to ask the right questions if your know what to ask, and will safely guide you from accepting the job through to final design delivery and money in the pocket. Don’t fall prey to the number one designer downfall of diving head first into the design phase without truly understanding your client.
To combat this designer flaw we have compiled this list of questions you may like to ask your next client to better understand them, their clothing label and target audience. We hope this is a great help to you and your freelancing or design department.
- 1. What is the name of your clothing label?
- 2. When was the brand established?
- 3. Who is your main competitor?
- 4. What makes your brand different from your competitor?
- 5. Where are your products sold?
- 6. Where do you see your brand in 5 years, 10years? 50years?
- 7. What motivated you to start your business/clothing label?
- 8. If you had to describe your clothing label in one word, what would it be? Why?
- 9. Does your label have a slogan or tag line?
- 10. Do you have a corporate logo or font I should use?
- 11. Do you have a branding guidelines package we should follow?
- 12. Do you have a preferred colour pallet? Why?
- 13. What colour garment/s is the design to go on?
- 14. Where is the placement of your design to be printed, also, does any additional placement require different artwork,? Please list.
- LEFT SLEEVE
- RIGHT SLEEVE
- HIGH-BACK NECK
- BACK BOTTOM HEM
- 18. What is the age range of your target audience?
- 19. Is your clothing label for Men? Women? Unisex?
- 20. Where do most of your customers live?
- 21. What is your main form of advertising?